We are now open to visitors 10am – 3pm Thursday to Sunday, plus Wednesday 28 October. To visit, you will need to book an online visit time in advance and pay when you arrive.
To book a visit during September, please click here. To book a visit during October, please click here. Please note that due to Western Power undertaking emergency power cable works nearby, we are now not able to open on Wed 30 Sep as planned.
We currently have temporary toilet facilities onsite in our main car park. Our Café is open, operating a simple takeaway service 10am-3.30pm. The maze is currently closed but the play area is now open. Last admission is at 3pm with the Garden closing at 4pm. You can buy from our shop and plant sales 10am – 3.30pm, with last orders in the Cafe at 3.30pm. Dogs on leads are very welcome, as usual. We have three picnic tables in the field above the car park and two on the Bowling Green in the heart of the Garden. We are recognised by VisitEngland (the National Tourist Board of England) as a “Good to Go” attraction.
In order to comply with current government guidance we have made the following key changes to ensure your safety. These include:
– Please be sure that you are aware of and are following the latest government guidance when you visit, including when and where to wear a face mask. We ask you please to follow government health advice and do not visit if you are showing any symptoms of coronavirus. To find out more about these, please visit the NHS coronavirus pages.
– A limit on the numbers of visitors arriving per half hour will allow us to minimise queues and to make best use of the car park spaces available. The maximum number of tickets per booking is six. To avoid disappointment, please do not arrive without having booked a visit in advance.
– We are implementing social distancing measures to ensure government guidelines are adhered to, including a one-way route past our till point, as well as into and out of and around the Garden. Please be aware that our temporary exit route is not suitable for those with mobility difficulties.
– We will only be accepting payments by debit or credit card. Cardholding members of Historic Houses, RHS and Rococo Garden Friends will be welcomed free of charge, as usual;
– We have installed temporary perspex screens at the till point to enable transactions to be carried out more safely;
– Doors will be left open to minimise the touching of surfaces and a regular schedule of cleaning of touchpoints will be in place.
– We can only allow one email address per booking and we are limiting each booking to six tickets in total. The personal information we collect will be stored safely and legally and retained as required by the NHS Track and Trace scheme.
– You will be given a choice of a 30 min arrival time slot during opening hours – once allocated, please feel free to arrive at any time during this 30 min time slot (i.e. please don’t rush to arrive bang on the first time given!) You will need to bring your confirmation tickets with you to show on arrival. We will take payment for admission (card payments only) or ask to see your membership card (eg for Friends of the Garden or Historic Houses) when you arrive. For information about becoming a Friend of the Garden, please click here where you can download a Friends membership form).
We look forward to your support – and remember, every penny you spend helps support our charity through these difficult times. If you haven’t yet and would like to donate to support our emergency appeal, please click here.