As you will have heard, government guidance (click here to see it) now allows English gardens such as ours to open in the spirit of encouraging people to spend time outdoors.
So we will be opening for limited numbers of visitors on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays between 10am and 3pm. To visit, you will need to book an online visit time in advance.
**Due to a reduced team the play area needs some maintenance and garden attention, it is remaining closed for the time being. We plan on reopening it in time for the school holidays.**
To book a visit during July, please click here.
In order to comply with current government guidance we have made the following key changes to ensure your safety. These include:
– Please be sure that you are aware of and are following the latest government guidance when you visit. We ask you please to follow government health advice and do not visit if you are showing any symptoms of coronavirus. To find out more about these, please visit the NHS coronavirus pages.
– A limit on the numbers of visitors arriving per half hour will allow us to minimise queues and to make best use of the car park spaces available. To avoid disappointment, please do not arrive without having booked a visit in advance.
– We are implementing social distancing measures to ensure government guidelines are adhered to, including a one-way route past our till point, as well as into and out of and around the Garden. Please be aware that our temporary exit route is not suitable for those with mobility difficulties.
– there will be limited temporary toilet facilities onsite in our main car park. Our Café will be open, operating a simple takeaway service. The play area and maze will be closed for the time being, as will the Red House and Pigeon House. Our Plant Sales and Shop will be open from 10 – 3.45pm. Dogs on leads are welcome, as usual.
– We will only be accepting payments by debit or credit card. Cardholding members of Historic Houses, RHS and Rococo Garden Friends will be welcomed free of charge, as usual;
– We have installed temporary perspex screens at the till point to enable transactions to be carried out more safely;
– Doors will be left open to minimise the touching of surfaces and a regular schedule of cleaning of touchpoints will be in place.
– We can only allow one email address per booking and we are limiting each booking to six tickets in total.
– You will be given a choice of a 30 min arrival time slot during opening hours – once allocated, please feel free to arrive at any time during this 30 min time slot (i.e. please don’t rush to arrive bang on the first time given!) You will need to bring your confirmation tickets with you to show on arrival. We will take payment for admission (card payments only) or ask to see your membership card (eg for Friends of the Garden or Historic Houses) when you arrive. For information about becoming a Friend of the Garden, please click here where you can download a Friends membership form).
We look forward to your support – and remember, every penny you spend helps support our charity through these difficult times. If you haven’t yet and would like to donate to support our emergency appeal, please click here.