We are delighted that government guidance currently permits public gardens such as ours to open. You must follow government guidance when you visit – please click here for the latest information.
In June, the Garden will be open Wednesday – Sunday plus Tuesday 1 June. Our opening hours are 10am-5pm with the last available entry slot on weekdays between 2.30 & 3pm and at weekends between 3 & 3.30pm. You will need to book an online arrival slot in advance and pay when you arrive. You can stay in the Garden until the gates are locked at 5pm. We have temporarily reduced our daily visitor number to further support social distancing.
To book a visit in June, please click here. If you find you are on the “waitlist”, that timeslot is full and we will contact you if we have a cancellation. We plan to have booking for July visiting dates open by Wed 23 June at 5pm.
We currently have temporary toilet facilities onsite in our main car park. Our Café is open, operating a simple takeaway service of hot and cold drinks, cakes and crisps. The maze is currently closed but the play area is open. Last orders will be taken in the Cafe at 3.30pm on weekdays and 4pm on weekends. The Garden gates are locked at 5pm. Dogs on leads are very welcome, as usual. We have picnic tables in the field above the car park and on the Bowling Green in the heart of the Garden. We are recognised by VisitEngland (the National Tourist Board of England) as a “Good to Go” attraction.
In order to comply with current government guidance we have made the following key changes to ensure your safety. These include:
– Please be sure that you are aware of and are following the latest government guidance when you visit, including when and where to wear a face mask. We ask you please to follow government health advice and do not visit if you are showing any symptoms of coronavirus. To find out more about these, please visit the NHS coronavirus pages.
– A limit on the numbers of visitors arriving per half hour will allow us to minimise queues and to make best use of the car park spaces available. The maximum number of tickets per booking is six. To avoid disappointment, please do not arrive without having booked a visit in advance.
– We are implementing social distancing measures to ensure government guidelines are adhered to, including a one-way route past our till point, as well as into and out of and around the Garden. Please be aware that our temporary exit route is not suitable for those with mobility difficulties.
– We will only be accepting payments by debit or credit card. Cardholding members of Historic Houses and Rococo Garden Friends require a booking and will be welcomed free of charge, as usual. RHS membership cards are accepted from 1 March;
– We have installed temporary perspex screens at the till point to enable transactions to be carried out more safely;
– Doors will be left open to minimise the touching of surfaces and a regular schedule of cleaning of touchpoints will be in place.
– We can only allow one email address per booking and we are limiting each booking to six tickets in total. The personal information we collect will be stored safely and legally and retained as required by the NHS Track and Trace scheme.
– You will be given a choice of a 30 min arrival time slot during opening hours – once allocated, please feel free to arrive at any time during this 30 min time slot (i.e. please don’t rush to arrive bang on the first time given!) You will need to bring your confirmation tickets with you to show on arrival. We will take payment for admission (card payments only) or ask to see your membership card (eg for Friends of the Garden or Historic Houses) when you arrive. For information about becoming a Friend of the Garden, please click here where you can download a Friends membership form).
We look forward to your support – and remember, every penny you spend helps support our charity through these difficult times. If you haven’t yet and would like to donate to support our emergency appeal, please click here.