TERMS & CONDITIONS
Ticketing & Online Booking
When you confirm your purchase, you are accepting that these terms and conditions form the basis of any contract between Painswick Rococo Garden Trust and yourself.
- All visitors wishing to visit Painswick Rococo Garden can either book online or purchase a ticket on entry to the Garden, unless it specifically states on the website that purchasing an online ticket is essential.
- All persons entering Painswick Rococo Garden must hold a valid admission ticket that must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any member of staff. Failure to produce a valid ticket on request may result in being asked to pay again or removal from the Garden.
- No person aged under 16 will be allowed entry to the Garden unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over and such person or persons whilst on site must always remain strictly under the control or supervision of an adult.
- Pre-purchased online tickets are only valid for the date and time printed on the ticket. Tickets purchased online must be shown to ticketing staff to gain access as without this, entry will be refused.
- Admission tickets do not allow access to Painswick House, which is private, and closed to visitors.
- The price of tickets may vary from year to year and the prices advertised are not guaranteed.
- If concessionary tickets are purchased online (for example for senior citizens, students or NHS workers) Painswick Rococo Garden reserves the right to ask for proof of status.
- Annual membership allows free entry to Painswick Rococo Garden on any public open day, during normal visiting hours, unless specified differently on the Rococo Garden website. Memberships are not valid for any other event, talk or group visit.
- Annual memberships last for one calendar year from the date of purchase.
- Your valid membership card must be presented at the ticket office to gain entry to the Garden, otherwise full admission will be charged.
- Painswick Rococo Garden staff have the right to refuse entry and remove annual memberships if fraudulent use is suspected, in which case no refund will be given.
- Memberships are non-transferable and can only be used by the named membership holder.
Other Memberships & Promotional Entry:
- Historic Houses Association (HHA) members are entitled to free entry on public open days throughout the year. A valid membership card must be produced at the ticket office for scanning. Failure to produce a valid membership card or number will result in the payment for a full price admission ticket being required or entry to the Garden being refused.
- BBC Gardeners World 2-for-1 cards are only valid when an adult or senior admission ticket has been purchased. We offer a 50% reduction for a single visitor. One card to be used per couple or individual: a group of four people would need to produce two cards.
- Discount codes are made available periodically and can be withdrawn by Painswick Rococo Garden at any time. Discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or applied retrospectively. Painswick Rococo Garden reserves the right to determine the validity of a code and whether to accept its use.
- No cash alternatives apply in place of discounts, gifts or offers.
- Competition tickets can be withdrawn by Painswick Rococo Garden at any time. The decision of Painswick Rococo Garden in all competitions is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To ensure that your details are secure, your credit / debit card details will be encrypted on a secure server to maximise security.
- Once purchased online, tickets may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. No ticket may be resold.
- Please bring along your booking reference number, print out or show your e-ticket on your mobile device.
- Prices are correct at the time of going to press and are subject to change without notification.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- Tickets are non-refundable and void if altered. Any tickets that Painswick Rococo Garden reasonably suspects have been altered will not be honoured.
- Painswick Rococo Garden will not refund tickets based on customers reconsidering their purchase, or for tickets that have been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
- In case of illness on the day of your visit, general admission tickets cannot be refunded but can be transferred to an alternative public open day of your choice. Please change your booking online or contact us via email or call 01452 813204.
- Painswick Rococo Garden is an outdoor attraction and general admission tickets and event tickets will not be refunded due to poor weather. Refunds will only be given in the event of severe weather conditions where the Garden must close or an event be cancelled e.g., very high winds, flooding, thunder & lightning. In the event of severe weather conditions, please check the website or ring before traveling to the Garden to avoid disappointment. Tickets will only be refunded if Painswick Rococo Garden closes or decides to cancel an event for visitor safety and it is not possible to reschedule.
- If an event is cancelled due to extreme weather conditions after the event has started, ticket refunds will not be offered. Painswick Rococo Garden will endeavour to offer tickets to an alternative event, where ticket availability allows.
- Painswick Rococo Garden accepts no liability if a customer is unable to attend an event due to adverse weather conditions or any travel disruption.
- Flooding, muddy conditions, ice or snow can mean that sometimes we must close areas of the Garden or particular pathways. We cannot guarantee you will see everything in the Garden on your visit. No refunds will be given if an area or feature is closed.
- Free parking is available on site.
- Vehicles are parked at the owner’s risk and Painswick Garden is not responsible for any damage to vehicles using the car park.
- Dogs on short leads are allowed in all areas of the Garden, except for the Kitchen Garden for hygiene reasons.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited within the Garden follies and covered café area. Anyone smoking in a prohibited area will be asked to leave.
- Picnicking is allowed in the Garden: we have a small number of picnic tables available. Feel free to use the car park field or the Garden for picnics and ensure you take any rubbish home with you.
- We reserve the right to prevent entry to Painswick Rococo Garden and/or to remove anyone from the premises whose behaviour is inappropriate and/or undesirable and which may affect the safety and enjoyment of our staff or other guests, without the right to a refund.
- Opening times and dates may change without prior notice at the discretion of the management. Please check the website or ring for details prior to setting out.
- Painswick Rococo Garden Trust is dedicated to the maintenance and restoration of the 18th Century Garden in its care. The historic follies need constant maintenance and they will sometimes be closed for this work to take place. Parts of the Garden may also be temporarily closed for special events. We cannot guarantee you will see the whole Garden on your visit. No refunds will be given if parts of the Garden are closed.
- Safety – due to the nature of the Garden there are uneven and slippery surfaces and steep gradients throughout the site. If in any doubt, please do not attempt a visit, but contact us or see our access map for more information. It is a condition of entry that children are closely supervised, especially around open water.
- Wildlife – the Garden is home to naturally-occurring wildlife that can be hazardous, for example bees, wasps, mushrooms. Please obey signage and staff instructions and do not interfere with plants and animals you may encounter during your visit.
The Following Are Not Permitted:
- The Garden is set in a valley and the terrain is not suitable for mobility scooters, children’s scooters, bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, and other recreational vehicles.
- Drones and free-standing photography equipment including tripods and easels are not permitted without prior permission from Painswick Rococo Garden. Please contact us on 01452 813204 or email us at for permits.
- Barbecues are not permitted anywhere in the Garden.
- Weapons of any kind, or items that look like weapons and any illegal substance.
- Climbing trees, picking plants and flowers, getting in our pond and water features.
- Musical instruments or amplifying devices e.g. portable speakers.
- Any toy that is disruptive to the tranquillity of the Garden. You’re welcome to bring balls, frisbees or other small sports equipment so long as they are used responsibly.
- General admission tickets do not automatically allow access to all events. Please check the event information carefully for details of ticketing.
- Event tickets must be valid and information about arrival times must be observed.
- Painswick Rococo Garden reserves the right to make changes to an event without prior notice.
- Dogs are not permitted at special events unless otherwise advised.
- Some special events may not permit the bringing of alcohol – please check the event information carefully in advance. Painswick Rococo Garden reserves the right to request a search of customers’ bags and prevent the admission of guests carrying alcohol or suspected of carrying alcohol.
- For special events, please refer to the main event web page for any special Terms & Conditions and relevant FAQs.
- By booking an event ticket at Painswick Rococo Garden, you accept that we will contact you with relevant event information by email.